COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
As a data controller, we collect personal data to deliver our services. This includes:
- Personal information: name, gender, date of birth, age, passport details, government-issued numbers and identification documents, photos, signature, nationality, and professional credentials or background;
- Contact information
- Business/employment information
- Communications and information
- Financial and screening information
- Information relating to compliance matters
- Special categories of personal data
- Technical information
- Information about your visit to our website, including domain name, your computer’s IP address
- Preferences and views
- Transaction-related information
Information We Collect Directly
You directly provide us with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Register online through our “Apply as a startup” or “Apply” to participate in the Programme.
- Voluntarily complete a survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via email.
- Use or view the Sites via your browser’s cookies.
- Join us as an advisor, investor, mentor, facilitator, jury, and complete our on-boarding process.
- Attend our events, including demo day, pre-acceleration programme, other online and offline events.
Information We Collect Automatically
We may use internet-based advertising to collect data across different websites and/or different devices for the purpose of tailoring advertising based on the preferences or interests known or inferred from the data collected. We may allow third party services, such as Google, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, that assist us in advertising the Sites to collect or receive information from the Sites and elsewhere on the internet and use that information to provide measurement services and target ads.
Third Party Service Providers, including Social Media
We may use a range of third party service providers to deliver our services and develop our products. Third-party website analytics tools include Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc., that collects automated information about visitor traffic on the Sites.
When you interact with the Sites through a social media platform (such as by clicking on a social media icon linked from the Sites), we may collect the personal information that you make available to us on that page, including your account ID or username and other information included in your posts. If you choose to log in to your account with or through a social networking service, we and that service may share certain information about you and your activities.
USE OF PERSONAL DATA
We may use your personal data for the various purposes, including as follows:
- Targeted Communication. Data is collected through consensually disclosed information (to our team or at events) or publicly available sources such as LinkedIn and similar social media outlets, and may be used for occasional targeted communications. This is on the grounds of our legitimate interest as an organization whose business’ mission is to create impact by supporting social entrepreneurs and start-up businesses and is processed in accordance to regularly conducted legitimate interest assessment.
We use personal data to communicate with you, including to inform or update you on activities or events related to the Programme, respond to your inquiries and fulfil your requests, share with you the opportunities that we think you may be interested in pursuing with us, our advisor or venture partner or supporters.
- Conducting Events. By attending our events, you permit us to make on-site recordings in which you may be included, by any means, such as video recording and photography. The videos and photos may be used in marketing or editorial material, as long as they are related to the article subject.
- Marketing and Subscription. We may use your personal data, such as names and email addresses in order to communicate with business contacts, build brand awareness, share updates, provide you with more relevant content in email bulletins to which you may be subscribed, publicise events, and fulfil other general marketing purposes. We do so through occasional email communications, ensuring minimal privacy impact.
You have the option at any time to stop us from contacting you of any marketing communications by clicking the unsubscribe links provided in the email.
- Prevention Measure. Detecting, investigating, and preventing activities that may violate Privacy Policies or be fraudulent or illegal.
SHARING OF PERSONAL DATA
We may share your personal data with third party service providers, affiliates and agents who use the information to help us respond to your requests and to perform services on our behalf. We may also share information with third parties who we think have a similar mission to ours to enable them to reach you with a similar or related mission. We do not rent or sell your personal data to third parties.
Sharing Data with Organizers, Investors, Advisors, Venture Partners, Mentors, Judges, and Supporters
We will seek your consent before sharing personal data with any of these third parties. You may find Organizers, investors, advisors, venture partners and supporters we potentially share your personal data with are all listed on the Sites.
Sharing data with Authorized Third Party
Sharing Data in Other Circumstances
We store your data using a third party provider where such third parties implement a secure manner in a restricted-access database. We may store, process and transfer the personal data in the United States or any other country in which we, Organizers, partners or service providers maintain facilities. We may transfer personal data outside of the United States, for example, if a third party we share data with has servers located in other countries.
Data protection laws vary among countries, with some providing more protection than others. We are relying on the policy of the cloud services provider to apply the same protections wherever the information is processed and their compliance warranty in relation to data transfer.
However, no data transmitted over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, and WE DO NOT REPRESENT OR GUARANTEE THE SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION OR OTHER INFORMATION IN ANY FORM. Similarly, we disclaim liability for personal information submitted through the Sites and you provide us with this data at your own risk.
We will retain your personal data for as long as is necessary or as permitted by applicable national rules.
FOR USERS IN THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA AND SWITZERLAND
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area and Switzerland, we would like to inform you the following data protection rights applicable to you:
- The right to access. You have the right to request for copies of your personal data we store. We may charge you an administrative fee for this service.
- The right to rectification. You have the right to request to update your personal data if its is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to request data erasure. You have the right to request to have your personal data erased from our file if the personal data. This is not absolute and shall only apply in certain circumstances, including if the personal data is no longer necessary for the purpose for which we originally collected or processed, you withdraw consent and no other legal basis for processing exists, or you believe your fundamental rights to data privacy and protection outweigh our legitimate interest in continuing the processing, you object our processing the personal data for direct marketing purposes.
- The right to restrict processing. You have the right to request to restrict or object to our processing. This is not an absolute right and shall only apply in certain circumstances, including the following
- You contest the accuracy of your personal data and we are verifying the data accuracy;
- Personal data has been unlawfully processed (i.e. in breach of the lawfulness requirement of the first principle of the GDPR) and you oppose erasure and requests restriction instead;
- We no longer need the personal data but you need us to keep it in order to establish, exercise or defend a legal claim; or
- You have objected to you processing their data and we are considering whether our legitimate grounds override your grounds.
This is not an absolute right and only applies in certain circumstances. When processing is restricted, we are permitted to store the personal data, but not use it.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to receive the personal data you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format. You may request us to transmit the personal data directly to another controller. The right to data portability only applies when: our lawful basis for processing the personal data is consent or for the performance of a contract and we are carrying out the processing by automated means, i.e., excluding paper files.
- Right to object. You have object to the processing of your personal data at any time, only in certain circumstances, including object to the processing of your personal data if it is for direct marketing purposes, a task carried out in the public interest, the exercise of official authority vested in us; or our legitimate interests (or those of a third party).
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at email@example.com.
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE ABOUT OTHERS
USE OF THE SITES BY CHILDREN
The Sites are not specifically targeted to children 13 years of age or under. We do not actively solicit information from children, and we do not knowingly collect personal data from children without proper parental consent.
PRIVACY NOTICE CHANGES
Last Updated: 29 Nov 2022